There are more WordPress themes today than grains of sand on a beach. This is wonderful, but sometimes too many choices can lead to confusion. Using a free theme designed by someone other than WordPress might lead to incompatibility with widgets and plug-ins that you want to use. The biggest benefit to using the WordPress default theme, and customizing it yourself, is that the code is already as close to perfect as you can get, meaning you are building your blog upon a solid foundation.
This book will teach you how to create your own theme customizations, by creating and using a child theme, with the WordPress default theme as your foundation. You will learn exactly what a child theme is, how to create one, and how to use it to customize your WordPress blog.
This book is a step-by-step outline that anyone can follow. It walks you through exactly how to make many popular edits to the WordPress default theme yourself. It is written in plain English and the customizations can be easily accomplished by the average reader and any level WordPress user.
This is Book 2 in the WordPress Blogging How-To Series. Book 1 is titled “How to Set-Up a WordPress Self-Hosted Blog: “So you can be blogging in 30 minutes or less!” which is also available through Amazon.
It is suggested that, after purchase, you add this ebook to a free Kindle Reader on your computer, so you can cut and paste the codes included inside.
Note: The instructions in this book require you to upload files to your blog host’s servers via FTP.
- WordPress Themes: How-to easily edit free WordPress blog themes yourself! (WordPress Blogging How-To Series) (socialnewsnet.wordpress.com)
- Blogging Here on WordPress (veracamerashutter.wordpress.com)
- Integrate Google+ and Facebook Comments in your WordPress blog (ocaoimh.ie)
- If you run a WordPress blog, you need this plugin (pillscout.wordpress.com)
- How To Start A WordPress Blog To Help In Your Jobsearch (careergeekblog.com)
- Blog Page With Single Category in WordPress (business2community.com)
- 3 Ways to Speed Up Your WordPress Blog (socialstrand.com)